Grado's e-Series: What Makes Them Great?
The Grado family makes exquisite headphones by hand in their Brooklyn facility. Each edition of the products they make represent a significant step forward in sonic reproduction. Grado's headphones have already been called " The finest electricity-to-sound transducer in the world". So how did they improve upon perfection?
- Every single component, surface, and material utilized in the e Series has been upgraded and optimized for a single purpose - amazing dynamics and fidelity.
- For more clarity in the tone, Grado's proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate have been designed to absorb excess energy and reduce secondary impulses.
- The e-Series method of curing Grado's select Mahogany tone-woods enhances their natural ability to reduce sound coloration and produce consistent results.
- In order to reduce unwanted graininess in the sound & prevent corrosion on connectors, Rhodium, the most expensive precious metal on earth, is employed.
- With the help of more than 60 years of expertise, Grado Labs has developed the most refined driver geometry in the company's history, which tracks music frequencies with unequaled precision.
- Design refinements within the housing prevent stray resonance from interacting with the driver, thus protecting the purity of reproduction.
- The magnetic field has been fine-tuned for symmetry throughout the full range of the voice coil.
- Even the glue has been updated for greater strength, less mass, and uncreased reliability.
- The traditional Grado open-back design has not changed, because in terms of superior sonic quality and greater realism it beats a closed back headphone any day.
So if you're looking for one good reason to invest in the e Series, in Grado's words, here it is: "they bring you closer to your favorite artists. Your listening experience will feel more intimate because nothing comes between your ears and the performance."
You can explore Grado's E-Series Headphones Here!
Consult an Expert Information overload? Book a time of your preference and let us call you!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in The Indian Audiophile
The path into making premium products, ultrasone has come a long way. Read the complete brand story here. Read More