Grado's e-Series: What Makes Them Great?
The Grado family makes exquisite headphones by hand in their Brooklyn facility. Each edition of the products they make represent a significant step forward in sonic reproduction. Grado's headphones have already been called "The finest electricity-to-sound transducer in the world". So how did they improve upon perfection?
Every single component, surface, and material utilized in the e Series has been upgraded and optimized for a single purpose - amazing dynamics and fidelity.
- For more clarity in the tone, Grado's proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate have been designed to absorb excess energy and reduce secondary impulses.
- The e-Series method of curing Grado's select Mahogany tone-woods enhances their natural ability to reduce sound coloration and produce consistent results.
- In order to reduce unwanted graininess in the sound & prevent corrosion on connectors, Rhodium, the most expensive precious metal on earth, is employed.
- With the help of more than 60 years of expertise, Grado Labs has developed the most refined driver geometry in the company's history, which tracks music frequencies with unequaled precision.
- Design refinements within the housing prevent stray resonance from interacting with the driver, thus protecting the purity of reproduction.
- The magnetic field has been fine-tuned for symmetry throughout the full range of the voice coil.
- Even the glue has been updated for greater strength, less mass, and uncreased reliability.
- The traditional Grado open-back design has not changed, because in terms of superior sonic quality and greater realism it beats a closed back headphone any day.
So if you're looking for one good reason to invest in the e Series, in Grado's words, here it is: "they bring you closer to your favorite artists. Your listening experience will feel more intimate because nothing comes between your ears and the performance."
You can explore Grado's E-Series Headphones Here!
Talk to a Headphone Guru Too many products to choose from? Our Headphone Guru is here to listen to all your headphone woes, thoughts and doubts. Your needs are unique. Why settle for less? SEND ENQUIRY
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in The Indian Audiophile
LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE! Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight for the title of the Heavywei... *ahem* Best In Ear Monitor under Rs. 1 Lac in the World, in the Red Corner, we have the Shure SE846, in the Green Corner we have the Campfire Audio Andromeda. A battle that promises to be a classic for the generations to come. Read More
Beyerdynamic is a respected company in the world of audio products. From world-class microphones to high-end headphones, the company has left no stone unturned in delivering the best to all consumers. See this for yourself via Beyerdynamic’s history of headphones. Read More
The wireless revolution has taken over the earphone market by storm but you well and truly haven’t yet experienced this marvel unless you’ve gone truly wireless. Need some more convincing? Well, here are 6 reasons that ought to. Read More