Grado's e-Series: What Makes Them Great?
The Grado family makes exquisite headphones by hand in their Brooklyn facility. Each edition of the products they make represent a significant step forward in sonic reproduction. Grado's headphones have already been called "The finest electricity-to-sound transducer in the world". So how did they improve upon perfection?
Every single component, surface, and material utilized in the e Series has been upgraded and optimized for a single purpose - amazing dynamics and fidelity.
- For more clarity in the tone, Grado's proprietary SpaceBlack Polycarbonate have been designed to absorb excess energy and reduce secondary impulses.
- The e-Series method of curing Grado's select Mahogany tone-woods enhances their natural ability to reduce sound coloration and produce consistent results.
- In order to reduce unwanted graininess in the sound & prevent corrosion on connectors, Rhodium, the most expensive precious metal on earth, is employed.
- With the help of more than 60 years of expertise, Grado Labs has developed the most refined driver geometry in the company's history, which tracks music frequencies with unequaled precision.
- Design refinements within the housing prevent stray resonance from interacting with the driver, thus protecting the purity of reproduction.
- The magnetic field has been fine-tuned for symmetry throughout the full range of the voice coil.
- Even the glue has been updated for greater strength, less mass, and uncreased reliability.
- The traditional Grado open-back design has not changed, because in terms of superior sonic quality and greater realism it beats a closed back headphone any day.
So if you're looking for one good reason to invest in the e Series, in Grado's words, here it is: "they bring you closer to your favorite artists. Your listening experience will feel more intimate because nothing comes between your ears and the performance."
You can explore Grado's E-Series Headphones Here!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in The Indian Audiophile
Just got your new pair of Jabra Elite Sport? We have prepared this guide on how to use the Elite Sport's earbud control. Let's Go! Read More
What can you expect when two well-renowned brands come together? The answer is brilliance. Read More
Now, you may not have heard of Focal. Not unless you are a die-hard audiophile or someone who has had the rare privilege of actually listening to a Focal High-End Speaker system. But, take it from us, it's about time you stood up and took notice of how this 40-year-old French company is changing itself to reach out to you, and headphone enthusiasts around the world.