Sold Out ₹ 14,999 ₹ 19,999 Is our price too high?
Shipping & Delivery
Free Express Shipping
For Studio &
Ideal for Casual
5 Years of
Sound specialist Ultrasone has come up with the perfect combination of Hi-Res sound, one of a kind technology and state of the art design. The Performance 840 are sure to make you fall in love with your music all over again.
Germany is known to churn out the absolute best in headphone technology. Ultrasone began their journey into premium audio in 1991 and like all headphones, the Performance 840 is handmade with immense attention to detail in Ultrasone’s factory in Germany. So much so, that each headphone holds its own serial number to assure a distinctive identification.
The Performance 840 comes with a detachable cable which adds to the durability of the cable. The 1.2 m cable comes with its bayonet connector, gold plated angled jack and a gold-plated 3.5mm screw-on adapter as standard. The cable is equipped with a microphone and a remote for you take calls and control your music on the go.
An extremely affluent velour and memory foam earpad set promises to give you a cushion like feel on your ears. Memory foam, by definition, contours to the shape of your ears. That means that they offer a comfortable fit while offering the best possible insulation from the outside noise. It’s the snug hug your ears have been waiting for!
The sound you hear from headphones is substantially different in a number of ways than sounds you hear naturally, it is far more precise and allows the listener to experience every single sound in a three-dimensional manner. It ensures an experience of audio imaging in a "room full of speakers" that enable the magic of "sound around your head" kind of feel.
The S-Logic has come up with a cutting edge S-Logic advancement upgrade.They are the epitome of headphones for critical listening. This sophisticated and well made new technology combines precision dampening with micro-acoustic reinforcement, which allows the driver, buffer board, and spatial parameters to complement one another in an optimal manner.
"Ultrasone is delighted to announce that the Performance series has been awarded a Sound Image Award for statement and design. Proving them a true winner amongst the lot. "
|DRIVER TYPE||PET Drivers|
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||10 - 25,000 Hz|
|WIRED CONNECTIVITY||3.5, 6.3mm Adapter|
|CABLE TYPE||Detachable 3m, 1.2m Cable|
|BOX CONTENTS||Ultrasone - Performance 840 Headphones|
|2 Detachable Cables|
|Neoprene storage and transport case|
Don’t sweat it, This Ultrasone product is covered by a 5 Years manufacturer's warranty.
Instead of writing a long-winded review full of qualifiers that an oenophile might use, let me sum up my (purely subjective) feelings on this unique pair of headphones.
1) The S-Logic Plus is not sales patter. They truly make a difference, something you will notice the first time you put them on. (I suggest playing your favourite song, something you have listened to many times before.) There is both an enriched expansiveness and directional perception of the many different instruments, so much so that I noticed many new instrument sounds that I never heard before even as I played tracks I have listened to a myriad times.
2) This means there is a clear 7.1 surround effect, ideal for watching movies, and this is not that “virtual surround” provided by gaming headphones (akin to DTS:X based headphones). The surround effect here is effectuated sans reverb effects which can cause otic fatigue. Plus, you don’t need any extra sound cards or analogue connectors, which don’t work with most modern laptops or the iMac anyways.
3) The song or movie source also matters. I recommend Dolby Atmos Blu-Rays or music DSDs.
4) The sumptuously cushioned carry-on bag is a welcome bonus.
5) The overpowering bass at times eclipses the rest of the auditory spectrum and that’s perhaps the only minus (or plus depending on your own auricular proclivities!). Given that these are closed backs, that’s to be expected anyways.
In a nutshell, if you are still on the fence, let me give you that little nudge - you won't regret buying this product. I'll let it go at that.
The Ultrasone Performance 840 sound very dynamic. There is plenty of bass and the bass is full. The details are all in there. They also sound very open. A very enjoyable sound signature indeed. Glad I got them. Though made of plastic, they are very sturdy.
My only concern was in the comfort. Although they are generally comfortable to wear and the earpads wrap around the ears entirely, the inside actually touches your ears which can cause discomfort. I had to remove them and put them back on after every half an hour or so. This might not be the case with everyone.
U ltrasone-Performance 840.