Cirrus Logic CS43131
Dual DAC Chip
FIIO INTRODUCES THE ALL-NEW KA2 HI-RES CERTIFIED BALANCED DAC & AMP IN COLLABORATION WITH JADE AUDIO
FiiO introduces "Jade Audio", a new subsidiary brand of FiiO Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. The company has a team of engineers who have empirical knowledge in acoustics. Continuing the legacy FiiO in collaboration with Jade Audio has introduced the all-new KA2 Balanced DAC & Amp. The overall audio output of the KA2 has a much more refined sound and leans more toward the organic end. A precise tone and timbre are delivered. Over the whole frequency range, the sound appears more cohesive, satisfying the coherency criteria. Power output from KA2 is outstanding. Even over extended listening periods, the KA2's overall sound is soothing and incredibly enjoyable. KA2, the newest product from FiiO and Jade Audio, is a well-rounded pocket package that allows you to drive low-sensitivity and high-impedance headphones on the go (up to 300 ohms). The KA2 has been certified to be Hi-Res Audio capable, according to the standards developed by the Japan Audio Association (JAS) and the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). You can count on the KA2 to deliver precise, high-fidelity audio that is true to the original recording.
FEATURES DUAL CIRRUS LOGIC DAC CHIPS, KA2 DELIVERS EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE WITH ACCURACY AND EFFICIENCY
The FiiO KA2 embeds dual Cirrus Logic CS43131 DAC chips, each capable of producing Hi-Res audio with accuracy and efficiency. The CS43131 combines a next-generation, low-power audio DAC with a high-fidelity headphone amplifier to provide a superior system-level audio performance without draining the battery life of the source device. The KA2 supports sampling rates of 32Bit/384kHz PCM (Pulse Code Modulation) and DSD256 (Direct Stream Digital), delivering highly detailed and lossless audio. The FiiO KA2 has good soundstage presentation and precise imaging capabilities. The tonality is natural and smooth, and the male and female vocals sound full-bodied. The bass comes off as tight and punchy. The bass is well controlled and is articulate in its presentation. KA2 also excels in the treble region delivering a crisp, clear, and very holographic and airy sound presentation. Treble is clean with an acceptable amount of energy with zero sibilance. The FiiO KA2 is here to deliver an articulate performance that will satisfy even the most discerning audiophiles.
EASY COMPATIBILITY AND CONVENIENCE WITH THE COMPANION APP AND SELECTABLE DIGITAL FILTERS FUSED WITH 4.4MM BALANCED OUTPUT
The FiiO KA2 offers selectable digital filters to cater to your sound preference. Get the best possible match with the five selectable digital filters and tune the sound profile that suits your tastes. The FiiO KA2 hosts a 4.4mm balanced output, which offers maximum output power of 153mW at 32 ohms. The KA2 has a signal-to-noise ratio of 131dB and THD+N of only 0.0005%, and impedance adaptation of 16 to 300 ohms. You can easily power high impedance (up to 300 ohms) and low sensitivity headphones/IEMs with ease. These functionalities contribute to clear; and accurate sound reproduction. It works with Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. The FiiO KA2 pairs up quickly with your collection of headphones and IEMs. You can choose the audio input interface with type-C or lightning variant. The FiiO KA2 is also compatible with the FiiO control app, which allows you to adjust settings from the comfort of your smartphone.
EXCEPTIONAL INDUSTRIAL DESIGN WITH ALL METAL BUILD AND RING-SHAPED LED INDICATOR THAT DISPLAYS SAMPLING RATES
The KA2 follows the industrial design language as with the other members of the KA family – featuring luxurious aesthetics and all-metal construction in a striking black and gold colour scheme. The FiiO KA2 is made entirely of high-quality, long-lasting metal, and while having numerous functions, it has a sleek appearance. Its rectangular, slightly curved metal chassis gives it a relatively rugged appearance. The metal accents look elegant, giving KA2 a premium look and feel. The ring-shaped RGB status indicator lets you know the kind of audio format you are playing at a single glance. The colour blue indicates a sampling rate of 48kHz or below, and the colour yellow indicates a sampling rate above 48kHz. The KA2 also comes with a Type-C female USB-A adapter.
|SIZE||Fuselage: about 40mm x 15mm x 12mm
Line length: 70mm
|AUDIO INPUT INTERFACE||Type-C Cable or Lightning|
|HEADSET OUTPUT INTERFACE||4.4mm socket|
|FIRMWARE UPGRADE||The system firmware can be upgraded through USB|
|SAMPLE RATE INDICATION||Blue: below 48kHz
Yellow: above 48kHz
|CHANNEL BALANCE||<0.02dB (32Ω/THD+N<1%)|
|IMPEDANCE ADAPTATION||16 to 300Ω|
|THE HIGHEST SUPPORTED SAMPLING RATE||384KHz/32bit|
|AUDIO FORMAT SUPPORT||PCM : 32bit/384kHz
DSD : DSD64/128/256
|OUTPUT POWER||112mW (16Ω,THD+N<1%)
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||20Hz to 20KHz, the curve amplitude changes by 0.03dB
20Hz to 50KHz, the curve amplitude changes by 0.05dB
|OUTPUT AMPLITUDE||2.2V (32Ω/THD+N<1%)|
|CHANNEL SEPARATION||≥ 91dB (1Khz, 32Ω load)|
|OUTPUT IMPEDANCE||<0.5Ω (load 32Ω)|
|SNR||≥ 125dB (32Ω A)
≥ 131.2dB (600Ω A)
|DISTORTION + BOTTOM NOISE||<0.00036%(32Ω)
|THD + N||0.0005%(32Ω)
|WHAT YOU WILL GET|
|ANDROID EDITION||1. FiiO KA2|
|2. USB-A to Type-C adapter|
|3. User Manual|
|LIGHTNING EDITION||1. FiiO KA2|
|2. USB-A to Lightning adapter|
|3. User Manual|
|WHAT YOU WILL NOT GET||1. Original packaging of FiiO KA2|
|GENERIC NAME||Headphone Amplifier|
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN||China|
|IMPORTER DETAILS||Importers Name: Ferrari Video
Address: 63/18, 1st Main Road, Gandhi Nagar, Chennai - 600020
Contact No: 044-24420733
The FiiO KA2 has two editions, Android (USB Type-C) and Lightning. The Type-C edition can be directly connected to Android mobile phones or tablets. Play music to enjoy high-quality music.
1. A compatibility issue may occur to certain Android mobile phones or music players due to system and hardware differences.
2. Some mobile phones are required to turn on the OTG function, so as to use the KA2 normally. For detailed settings, please consult the support of mobile phones.
3. Some mobile phones may show the 'non-certified Type-C digital headphone' notification. You can ignore the message and use it normally.
The FiiO KA2 has two editions, Android (USB Type-C) and Lightning. The Lightning edition can be directly connected to iPhones or iPads. Play music to enjoy high-quality music.
1. Only iOS10.0.2 and above are supported. Apple devices below this version cannot be supported because of the iOS itself.
2. How to download lossless music files to the FiiO Music App (iOS)?
Please refer to the FAQ in Apple website: here
1. Before first connecting, please install the to enable the FiiO USB Audio Driver first.
2. Settings of the playback software on computers: select FiiO KA2/FiiO K series as the audio output device. Connect it to headphones for use. For some computers, it is required to select the KA2 as the system audio output.
Settings of DSD tracks: Click here
1. The KA2 runs driver-free on macOS.
2. When connecting to the Type-C port on the computer, just use the Type-C edition of the KA2. If it is connected to a USB-A port, just use the USB-A to Type-C adapter to complete the connection.
3. Select the FiiO KA2/FiiO K series as the audio output device of the computer.
The KA2 runs driver-free on Linux. Theoretically, connect the KA2 to the computer to use it directly. However, since there are too many versions of the Linux system, compatibility cannot be guaranteed. If there is a problem, it is recommended to try other data cables or switch to other USB ports. No recognition probably means nonsupport.
2. Since different smartphones vary in USB phone call permissions, the in-line control and phone call functions of the KA2 are temporally unavailable.
3. An incoming call will be passed out through the speaker and microphone of the mobile phone. So you can pick up the phone to answer the call without unplugging the KA2.
48kHz or below sampling rate - Blue light
Greater than 48kHz sampling rate - Yellow light
Digital input: DSD - Green light
2. To play DSD files on the iOS devices, please use an APP which supports DSD files (such as the FiiO Music App) and set the DSD output option to DoP.
3. To play DSD files on the computer, please use the software which supports DSD files (such as the Foobar 2000) and install the corresponding plug-in with correct settings.
4. Switch tracks of different sampling rates may cause obvious impulsing sound. This is a normal phenomenon. So it is recommended to classify music files.
1. For some mobile phones, third-party apps are forbidden in the background by default in their power management policies. This will cause a stop on the playback after a few seconds when the music app is working in the Exclusive USB Audio Access Mode. If it happens, please set the app to stay working while asleep in the battery management setting of the mobile phone.
2. When the music app is working under the Exclusive USB Audio Access Mode, the sound may be stuttered or paused when operating other apps. We are working on this issue. It is suggested to focus on listening to music when using the Exclusive USB Audio Access Mode, or disable the Exclusive USB Audio Access Mode when listening to music.
2. Please update the APP to latest version in order to use this new functions in KA2.
The KA2 Lightning edition could not be controlled via the iOS version FiiO Control APP.
1 Year Warranty
Don't sweat it, this FiiO - KA2 (Unboxed) comes with a warranty
from FiiO that covers manufacturing defects.
All products featured on Headphone Zone are backed by an original manufacturer's warranty.
Read more about FiiO's warranty in India.
"FiiO KA2 adjusts the tri-frequency sound to have certain characteristics while taking into account good portability and greater driving force. Overall sound style adjustment of FiiO KA2 is very suitable for listening to POP, rap, and ACG."Read More
"The latest addition, the FiiO KA2 adopts one or two features of its little brother, the FiiO KA1 Compact Portable DAC and Amplifier, in principle it is more oriented towards its big brother, the FiiO KA3 Small USB DAC and Amplifier."Read More