Headphone Zone Trade-Up Program
We realized that a lot of our customers didn't know what to do with their old, used headphones once they bought new ones. Most times, they're not able to upgrade to new headphones because "phir inka kya kare?" LIST YOUR PRE-OWNED GEAR TO TRADE-UP NOW!
To address this need, we're happy to announce a new initiative for Headphone Zone's customers. The program is currently available only in beta mode. The Headphone Zone Trade-Up Program is a chance for our customers to sell their existing gear and upgrade to that new headphone they've been eyeing for a while.
Most of our customers tell us that they have way too many headphones at home that they don't use anymore. Because of this, they have to delay buying new headphones which pose as serious upgrades to their old gear. Keeping in mind this problem, our Trade-Up Program helps you, the customer to clear up their old inventory and recover money in order to upgrade to new & often expensive gear: be it headphones, earphones, audio players, DAC/Amps for a marginal value.
If you'd like to list your old used gear, we encourage you to read this page thoroughly as well as go through all the FAQs. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you still have some unanswered questions.
How it Works
STEP ONE: FILL OUT THIS FORM HERE WITH ALL NECESSARY PRODUCT INFORMATION & IMAGES, PURCHASE, CONDITION & WARRANTY DETAILS AND SET A PRICE FOR YOUR PRE-OWNED PRODUCT.
ADD A PRODUCT LISTING
STEP TWO: ONCE A BUYER HAS EXPRESSED INTEREST IN THE PRODUCT, WE WILL PICK UP THE WELL-PACKED PRODUCT FROM YOU AND SHIP IT TO HIM. THEN YOU'VE JUST GOTTA WAIT TILL HE GETS IT!
SHIP TO BUYER & WAIT
STEP THREE: THE BUYER GETS 2 DAYS FROM DELIVERY TO INSPECT WHETHER THE PRODUCT FITS THE DESCRIPTION YOU PROVIDED AS ACCURATELY AS POSSIBLE. IF IT DOES, YOU'RE GOOD TO GO!
BUYER ACCEPTS PRODUCT
STEP FOUR: YAY! NOW ALL THAT'S LEFT IS FOR YOU TO USE YOUR STORE CREDIT EQUAL TO THE PRICE OF THE PRE-OWNED PRODUCT YOU JUST SOLD AND GET THAT UPGRADE YOU'VE BEEN DREAMING ABOUT!
UPGRADE WITH STORE CREDIT
Why Trade-Up with Headphone Zone
COMMUNITY POWERED INITIATIVE DESIGNED FOR A COMMUNITY OF PASSIONATE HOBBYIST HEADPHONE OWNERS WHO WANT TO EXPERIENCE AUDIO GEAR; REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY'RE USED OR NEW. WE'LL BE MONITORING ALL CONVERSATIONS BETWEEN THE BUYER AND THE SELLER FOR BETTER TRANSPARENCY & ASSURANCE. AS TARGETED AN AUDIENCE AS IT GETS UNLIKE MARKETPLACES, ONLY THOSE WHO WANT TO BUY A USED PRODUCT WITH THE EXACT MODEL NAME AND SKU AS YOUR PRE-OWNED PRODUCT WILL VISIT YOUR LISTING ON HEADPHONE ZONE WITH THE GENUINE & MEANINGFUL INTENT TO PURCHASE YOUR PRE-OWNED PRODUCT. ONE DESTINATION FOR BUYING & SELLING NEVER BEFORE COULD ONE SELL THEIR OLD AUDIO GEAR AND UPGRADE AT THE SAME PLACE. WITH THE HEADPHONE ZONE TRADE-UP PROGRAM, THE FOCUS IS ON GETTING YOU THAT UPGRADE YOU'VE BEEN EYEING FOR SOMETIME, WHILE SAVING YOU SOME MONEY THAT'S STUCK IN OLD GEAR. FREE SHIPPING & NO HIDDEN FEES WE TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF BEARING THE SHIPPING COST OF PICKING UP YOUR PACKED PRE-OWNED PRODUCT FROM YOU AND DELIVERING IT TO THE INTERESTED BUYER. NO COMMISSION OR OTHER COSTS ARE LEVIED DURING THE ENTIRE TRANSACTION. WE PROMISE!
100% WORKING CONDITION GOES WITHOUT SAYING, BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR PRODUCT IS UNDAMAGED & WORKING PERFECTLY FINE BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO LIST THEM. INVOICE, IF STILL UNDER WARRANTY IT'S IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVE YOUR INVOICE IF THE PRODUCT IS STILL WITHIN WARRANTY PERIOD. IF IT IS OUT OF WARRANTY, IT IS OKAY IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT. GOOD, HIGH QUALITY, CLEAR IMAGES WHILE WE DON'T EXPECT PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS, EVERY VISUAL ELEMENT SHOULD BE CLEARLY VISIBLE, OR YOUR LISTING WON'T GET APPROVED. NO INCOMPLETE INFORMATION THE MORE DETAILS, THE BETTER! DON'T SHY AWAY FROM TELLING THE WORLD THE STORY BEHIND YOUR PURCHASE. WHO KNOWS? IT MIGHT SELL FASTER!
FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHILE SETTING THE RIGHT PRICE
THE PRODUCT'S AGE PEOPLE LIKE PRETTY THINGS & OLD, WELL USED PRODUCTS AREN'T AS "SHINY" AS BRAND NEW GEAR. YOU COULD SPEND A LITTLE MONEY ON THEM TO MAKE THEM LOOK BETTER. VALIDITY OF WARRANTY THE PERCEIVED VALUE OF A USED PRODUCT UNDER WARRANTY IS FAR HIGHER COMPARED TO A PRODUCT THAT HAS NO WARRANTY AND COULD RANDOMLY GO BUST WITHOUT ANY FREE SERVICING. AVAILABILITY OF ACCESSORIES IF ALL THE ORIGINAL ACCESSORIES ALONG WITH THE PACKAGING AS AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE ARE AVAILABLE WITH YOU, YOU'LL BE IN A BETTER POSITION TO ASK FOR A GOOD PRICE. CURRENT SELLING PRICE PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE PRICE OF PRE-OWNED PRODUCTS CANNOT BE HIGHER OR EVEN SLIGHTLY LOWER THAN THAT OF THE CURRENT SELLING PRICE.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
CO-OPERATION & TIMELINESS INTERESTED BUYERS CAN AND WILL ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PRE-OWNED PRODUCT IF THE LISTING DETAILS ARE INSUFFICIENT. IN THAT CASE, WE DEPEND ON YOUR CO-OPERATION IN RESPONDING PROMPTLY AND WITH MORE THAN ENOUGH ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. AT THE END, THE PRODUCT WON'T SELL WITHOUT HAVING BUILT A FOUNDATION OF TRUST. PATIENCE & UNDERSTANDING WHILE WE WILL DO EVERYTHING IN OUR CAPABILITY TO PROMOTE YOUR USED PRODUCT, SELLING THEM CAN TAKE A LOT OF TIME, ESPECIALLY FOR RARE & EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS. IT'S BASED ON THE NUMBER OF INTERESTED BUYERS FOR THE KIND OF PRODUCT LISTED. WE UNDERSTAND THAT IT CAN BE FRUSTRATING TO WAIT, BUT IT'S WORTH IT IF YOU CAN ULTIMATELY TRADE-UP OR UPGRADE. FULL DISCLOSURE TAKE YOUR LISTING AS SERIOUSLY AS YOU WOULD A VISA APPLICATION. ANY FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION WILL LEAD TO REJECTION, BUT IN THIS CASE, DISQUALIFICATION. IN ANTICIPATION OF BUYER QUESTIONS, WE'VE PREPARED A COMPREHENSIVE FORM AND WE EXPECT THAT THE ANSWERS ARE TRUTHFUL AND WITHOUT ANY SCOPE OF MISINTERPRETATION OR MISUNDERSTANDING. FOLLOW THROUGH TO PUT IT NICELY, PLEASE DON'T GET ALL PMS ON US. ONCE YOUR LISTING IS LIVE, IT'S FINAL AND IT WILL BE REALLY INCONVENIENT FOR US TO TAKE IT OFF IF YOU DECIDE TO CHANGE YOUR MIND. WE KNOW IT'S HARD TO LET GO OF WELL-LOVED FAVOURITE OLD THINGS BUT ONCE YOU DECIDE YOU WANT TO SELL IT OFF, PLEASE DON'T BACK OUT AFTER BUYERS SEE THAT IT IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE.
A. Listing Your Old Gear
- ◄Do I have to create a product listing from scratch?
- No, we shall do that for you. We'll need a few (probably way more than few) details about the product you’re wishing to sell. This will enable us to provide a prospective buyer as much information as possible to facilitate his purchase.
- ◄How do I provide the product details to Headphone Zone?
- Here’s a link to the form we will need you to fill out all your product details.
- ◄How long will it take for the listing to get approved?
- We know you're eager to get your gear out there and we promise to not delay it. The process shouldn't take more than a day or two. If there is need for any additional details from the seller, the timeline might get delayed.
- ◄What do I need to sell my gear?
- All you need to do is fill out this form, invoice copy for the purchase, hi-res images of your gear and a lot of patience. Beware of our extensive form and be prepared to wait for a bit to find a buyer (We promised it's not as bad as the real estate market).
- ◄What if I don’t have all the accessories or original packaging?
- No issues at all! All we'd request you to do is explicitly mention what exactly is missing in the form. If some accessories aren't in good enough condition to be passed on, please consider mentioning them as missing.
- ◄My gear doesn't work, can I still sell it?
- Nope. Only products in fully functional condition will be eligible to be listed under the Headphone Zone Trade-Up Program.
- ◄How do I determine at what price to fix for the product?
- It mainly depends on the below aspects. All are equally important and must be considered while fixing the price. Unfortunately we don't have a formula in place, but just keep these in mind and arrive at a realistic estimate. Now we understand that you might want to recover as much as possible, but that might not be appealing as an offer.
1) How long ago was the product purchased?
If it was purchased recently, then by all means fix a price without deducting too much from what you’ve paid for it.
A product still covered in warranty, with at least half the warranty period remaining can justify a higher price. On the other hand, if a product is out of warranty, a seller has to keep in mind that the product can go bust and might have to pay for repairs if necessary.
3) What Condition is it in?
If you’ve used the gear extensively, it'll show. So price it accordingly. People like pretty things. If necessary, spend a little to make them look as close to new and maybe you won’t have to compromise too much.
4) What's the current selling price for a new piece?
Always consider at what price a buyer could get a new piece. The difference can't be to little otherwise there is absolutely no way a buyer will be inclined to buy pre-owned gear.
- ◄What if I don't have an invoice?
- Oopsie! We're sorry but without an invoice copy your product won't be eligible to be listed under the Headphone Zone Trade up program. Without an invoice, the buyer won't be in a position to claim warranty.
- ◄Will the pictures from a mobile phone do?
- That shouldn’t be a problem as long as they are super clear and against a clean white background.
- ◄How many images should I provide?
- Products with as many brilliant images always work better. Ultimately, pictures are the only way that enable a buyer to understand the product's condition.
- ◄What if I can't find my headphone in the list?
- At this point of time, we allow for only pre-owned gear from our website's current product range (Rs. 6000 and up) to be listed. If your product however is an older version of anything from our current range, you can email us and we'll figure something out for you to be able to list it.
- ◄Does it matter if I haven't purchased the product in India?
- As long as the product has international warranty, it shouldn’t be an issue.
- ◄How does the warranty get transferred?
- At the time of sale, you shall be required to send the gear along with its original invoice. Since the warranty period begins as per the date on the invoice, the same will be used to claim warranty in the future. The name on the invoice might not change but the warranty from the date of purchase will still be valid for the holder of the invoice.
Original purchase date - 9th Oct 2015
Warranty period - 2 years
Sale date 7th Oct 2016
Hence Warranty remaining - 1 Year.
To claim warranty at any point of time up to 9th Oct 2017, the buyer needs the invoice copy for date reference of original purchase.
- ◄The product is discontinued, can I still sell it?
- If your product is an older version of anything from our current range, you can email us and we’ll figure something out for you.
- ◄Do I have to send my original invoice?
- Yes. Since the warranty period begins as per the date on the invoice, the same will be used to claim warranty in the future.
- ◄Can I sell items together as a bundle (example: amp+headphone) at a discount?
- It is advisable that you create two separate listings. It’ll be easier to get two buyers than one to buy both together. Both the products can be accordingly discounted.
- ◄How much will it cost for me to list my gear?
- Nothing at all. At this stage we’re not charging anything to list or any commission on the transaction.
- ◄Is there any limit to the number of products I can list?
- Nope! List as many as you want. Trade in whatever you want and TRADE-UP!
B. Selling Your Old Gear
- ◄What is the quality check that is done?
- As of now we haven’t figured out a way to do so. However, we trust our customers to list genuine, fully functioning products and honestly mention any problems that might be present. The buyer will be the one to confirm if the product matches the description and that there aren’t any unknown issues that might be discovered.
To avoid any confusion we shall intermediate any conversation between the buyer and seller.
- ◄Who ships the product?
- Once your product is sold, we (Headphone Zone) shall have the product picked up from the address provided and couriered to the buyer.
- ◄How do I change the selling price of the product I want to sell?
- Just send us an email and we’ll have the listing updated with the new price.
- ◄How can the buyer contact a seller?
- There is no way a buyer can get in touch with the seller directly. The seller’s contact details won’t be made public on the listing. Any kind of question will be routed through Headphone Zone and a reply will be given as quickly as possible.
- ◄Is the price fixed or any bidding/negotiations between me and buyer allowed?
- Prices are fixed and negotiations will not be allowed. The price is set as per the seller’s instructions and shall change only on his instructions. If you might want to buy multiple items from the same seller, a revision in quote can be requested.
- ◄How do I know if someone is interested in my product?
- Every product has a section that will allow customers to raise questions about the product listed. That’s the only way to gauge customer interest.
- ◄What will Headphone Zone do to promote my used product in order for it to sell?
- Every product listing for a new piece of the same product you’re looking to sell will have an option to buy a pre-owned unit showing saving of a significant amount.
Headphone Zone will take necessary measures to assure the buyer and intermediate any kind of conversation between the buyer and seller to facilitate the transaction.
- ◄How long should I wait for the item I have listed to sell?
- It’s very difficult to have an exact period for that, however a month would be long enough. Sellers are advised to be realistic with the pricing and be prompt with any kind of queries a buyer may have.
C. After Sale
- ◄Does the buyer pay the seller directly?
- No, the buyer makes a purchase for the pre-owned gear like he would make any purchase on Headphone Zone. The seller will then get paid ONLY in the form of store credit for the value the buyer has paid for the gear traded in.
- ◄How will the seller get paid?
- The seller will then get paid ONLY in the form of store credit for the value the buyer has paid for the gear traded in.
- ◄What if I don’t want credit?
- Unfortunately, that’s the only mode of payment that will be allowed in such transactions.
- ◄When will I get paid?
- Once the buyer has received the product and has confirmed that the product matches the description and that there aren’t any unknown issues that might be discovered, store credit shall be given for the transaction amount. A buyer is given 2 days to give his okay and to confirm the same.
- ◄What if I decide that I want to keep the headphones after the buyer has ordered my used headphones?
- Headphone Zone vouches for its trusted customers and would be highly appreciated if any kind of change in mind regarding the sale is conveyed as early as possible to Headphone Zone to avoid such situations. Ideally, we might have to ask you to honor your commitment.
- ◄What if I sell my used headphone to someone else while the item is listed as available on Headphone Zone?
- Headphone Zone vouches for its trusted customers and would be highly appreciated if such information is brought to our notice to make the listing inactive to avoid an unfulfillable sale transaction.
- ◄How long is the store credit valid for?
- The store credit is not limited by any time period and can redeemed against multiple orders. You can trade-up whenever you want, no rush!